In March, when the cases of COVID‑19 in our state increased significantly, we temporarily closed the CareClinic by Kaiser Permanente at Bartell Drugs locations. We recently decided to permanently close these walk‑in clinics. During this time, as the pandemic has taken hold, we’ve been dramatically expanding options for virtual care, available to you from the safety of your home.
“The pandemic has reinforced the need to provide care in the most convenient, accessible, and safe way for our members, and that’s what this evolution in care does,” says Paul Minardi, MD, president and executive medical director of Washington Permanente Medical Group.
Virtual care options include:
- Consulting Nurse Service, available 24/7
- Care Chat, a 24/7 real‑time online chat with a Kaiser Permanente medical professional
- E‑visit, an online questionnaire that gives you a personalized care plan
- Phone or video appointments with your doctor
- Email your doctor for nonurgent questions
You can also have an in‑person visit with your doctor at one of our medical facilities, or visit our 24/7 urgent care centers. For up‑to‑date information on all the ways you can get care when you need it, visit kp.org/wa/getcare.
Want more local health news, wellness tips, recipes, and more? Subscribe to the Kaiser Permanente Washington newsletter.